Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Free Anger Management Workbook

Some of my readers have discovered that in my professional life as a research psychologist I developed an anger management treatment at the University of California, San Francisco. My friend and colleague Dr. Patrick Reilly and I wrote a manual for clinicians and a workbook for clients. So far, over 1 million hard copies have been distributed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Even more electronic PDF copies have been downloaded. Some readers have asked for a copy of the workbook. You can have a free copy of the workbook by downloading it at the link http://www.kap.samhsa.gov/products/manuals/pdfs/anger2.pdf

I hope you find the workbook useful, but please keep in mind that it was meant to be used by clients receiving cognitive-behavioral anger management treatment, so if parts of it seem a little difficult to use, you may want to consider finding a cognitive-behavioral mental health professional in your area to help you out.

1 comment:

Kim D said...

Just started using the workbook for an inpatient anger group (State Hospital). The clients are asking for the actual workbook (not copies or PDF print outs)SAMHSA is out of stock, so is our local clearinghouse. Do you know where I can get them. I need at least 12, butinterested in more if available. I'm also willing to pay. It's not easy to get & keep this group motivated, if a book will do it, I'll do just about anything to get it. Thanks Kim D'Amico LCSW